Sunday, October 7, 2007

Westerns

I agree with the point of this article that states "the genre has virtually bit the dust." You don't see any good westerns coming out today unless they are with big stars like Pitt. I think that the genre is just too slow for viewers today who are used to seeing fast car chases and technological advancements taking place on the big screen. I like how the author noted that directors today run into obstacles that weren't present in older westerns. The protected land and lack of open range makes it tough to shoot these films. Also I think that it makes it tough for viewers to imagine. Everyone is so used to looking outside and seeing a 6 lane highway that a simple horseback trail seems unreal. I hope westerns make a comback because they are a big part of American history and people should appreciate that.

No comments: